Certified Polygraph Examiner course
The course purpose:
Providing the students with capabilities and theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for becoming polygraph examiners. During the course, the students shall be introduced to the polygraph and will learn how to operate it, will experience questioning and get acquainted with various polygraph examination techniques. The course will focus on profound acquisition of necessary examination skills under any possible circumstances.
- Graduates from the faculties of psychology, criminology or behavioral sciences, who wish to practice polygraph examination as private investigators or government employees.
- BA graduates from a recognized institution who wish to start a new career.
- Private investigators and investigation office owners, retired Israeli Army and Israeli Police officers, former Military Police detectives and General Security servicepersons, and directors of security, human resources, inspection and control departments in public, governmental and private organizations.
The Israeli polygraph examiners course takes place in a school in central Israel
International courses take place in the Israeli school or in a suitable facility in the student's country, according to agreement in advance.
A polygraph examiner must be a person of high moral standards, analytical capabilities, and experienced in interpersonal relationship. To guarantee the graduates suitability for the profession, the school shall only admit applicants meeting the following requirements:
- Minimum age 24
- BA degree from a recognized higher education institution, with a minimum average grade of 70.
- High moral standards (shall be tested during the admission process).
Tuition covers all equipment used during the course, including the use of polygraph device, during the course, lecture summary notebooks, free access to the school library and consultations with each of the school's lecturers.
Tuition does not cover dorms and transportation to classes. However, when necessary, Gazit Institute staff shall help students find accommodation in the school's vicinity at reasonable prices and affordable conditions.
In case a student cancels his or her enrollment, tuition fee will be refunded only under following conditions:
- If the student sends an enrollment cancellation letter within 14 days after enrollment, all tuition fee will be refunded.
- In case of enrollment cancellation within more than 14 days after enrollment, and until 30 days after the course started, 90 percent of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- In case the student is eliminated from the course between one month before it starts and one month after it starts, 50 percent of tuition fee will be refunded.
- Tuition fee will not be refunded in any other case.
Gazit School will occasionally publish course-starting dates. Students can enroll any time, before the starting date, and are admitted on the basis of space availability.